Making money is a lot easier these days. Even with your smartphone, you can already earn a few extra dollars using certain apps. Through these apps, you can make money by simply taking a survey, selling your unnecessary stuff, picking up a side gig, and many more.
For this list, we picked 3 of the best money-making apps that let you earn money via a cash back. These apps have also received at least four star ratings and 25,000 reviews on the iOS App Store. If you are looking for a way to make extra money, you can check out these apps:
Ibotta is the perfect app to use for shopaholics. Through this app, you can earn cash back on your in-store and online purchases.
Originally, the app was designed for grocery purchases. But ever since its success, it has expanded and now includes purchases on pet supplies, entertainment, clothing, and dining. There are over 2,000 retailers supported by the app so you’ll never run out of options.
Some of the things you can get at Ibotta depends on the retailer or product. There are also some offers that are automatically applied. But there are other offers that only become available once you perform a certain task, such as taking a survey or watching a video.
How do you earn money on Ibotta
If you are shopping in-store, you simply add offers and submit your receipt on the app after your purchase. You can also opt to link your retailer loyalty account or make a retailer gift card purchase.
On the other hand, online purchases can let you earn money when you shop using the Ibotta app or Ibotta extension installed on your browser.
How to get paid on Ibotta
You can convert your cash back to actual money using PayPal, direct to a bank account, or a digital gift card.
- Cash back on in-store purchases are within 24 hours
- Welcome bonus to new users
- Referral bonuses
- Several payment methods
- You can only redeem your earnings when you reach at least $20 in cash back credits (some gift cards require at least $25)
- Earning cash back on online purchases depends on the retailer
- Account maintenance fee charge for inactive or deactivated accounts
Previously known as Ebates, Rakuten is another iOS app that allows you to earn cash back on your purchases from retailers, restaurants, travel, gift cards, and even food delivery services.
How do you earn money on Rakuten
All you have to do is create an account in the app, pick out the store where you wish to shop in, and complete your transaction through Rakuten. You can earn cash back in-store by simply linking a credit or debit card to your account. Once your purchase has been confirmed with the retailer, you get the cash back in your account. This can be done within a few hours or several days.
How to get paid on Rakuten
You can convert your cash back to actual money using PayPal or a ‘Big Fat Check.’
- Thousands of stores and purchases are eligible
- $10 welcome bonus for new users
- Earn sign-up and referral bonuses
- Can donate your cash back earnings to non-profit partners
- You need to spend money first to make money
- Payments are sent out every three months
- You won’t get to see your earnings right away
- At least $5 cash back balance to get paid
- A purchase in the app needs to be done first
- No retroactive credit on purchases made outside of the app
The third item on our list is Swagbucks, an app that offers cash back and rewards in one place.
How do you earn money on Swagbucks
The app has 1,500 participating retailers that you can shop from. When you shop through these retailers, you earn “SB” or points. You can also earn SBs by watching videos, taking polls, playing games, or completing tasks through the app. Each task has its own corresponding number of points that you can get.
How to get paid on Swagbucks
When you’re ready to cash out, you can redeem your points to your PayPal account or an e-gift card. There is also an option to redeem SBs for Bitcoin via Cryptovoucher Gift Card.
- There are plenty of ways to earn rewards
- No waiting period to cash-in
- You get paid within 10 business days after redemption
- $10 bonus with a qualifying $25 purchase upon signup
- Doesn’t pay as much as other options
- You can’t qualify for every task or survey
- Users report getting kicked out of surveys while taking them
Still, it’s a pretty good way to earn money from your purchases. Check out these apps to see if they are compatible with your spending habits.
Photo by: Mathieu Turle