How to Remove Objects in Photo Using iOS 16 on iPhone XS or Newer
One of the most useful tips for photographers is removing unwanted items in any photo they might take. Personally, there have been hundreds of photos I have taken in which I wanted to remove items but due to the complexity of Photoshop most users dread trying to figure this out themselves. However, thanks to the new firmware Apple released, in iOS 16 users can remove unwanted items or backgrounds simply by long pressing the screen. Unfortunately, this will require an iPhone XS or later. So if you are like me with an iPhone X, we can envy the newer iPhone’s abilities.
How To Remove Background Photos App Using iPhone XS or Later
Choose the photo from the photos app the user wishes to edit.
Be sure the photo you have picked out has the little “*” next to the “i” setting at the bottom of the screen. Refer to the photo below for example
- Once you have the photo and the iOS 16 feature is available on your iOS device (iPhone XS or later)
- Simply long-press on the subject face you want to remove from the photo
Users will notice an outline form around the items which they are touching for removal
- This should be all it takes to lift the picture from the image on the screen and move it to the app of your choice. Just keep holding your finger on the picture and open the app you are trying to share it in and drop it
- Users can drag and drop images to contact images to make the photo app many users friendly and organized
- Users may also use the menu “copy or share” which appears after the long press. This is just a copy/paste type function should users rather perform it using those options.
- Compatibility List iOS 16 Feature Removing Photo Background
Check the list below for your device. These are the iPhones that are supported
• iPhone 13
• iPhone 13 mini
• iPhone 13 Pro
• iPhone 13 Pro Max
• iPhone 12
• iPhone 12 mini
• iPhone 12 Pro
• iPhone 12 Pro Max
• iPhone 11
• iPhone 11 Pro
• iPhone 11 Pro Max
• iPhone XS
• iPhone XS Max
• iPhone XR
• iPhone SE 2nd-generation and 3rd-generation
Hope you found our “How-to” guide helpful. Please share if you found this helpful.
Check out some of the apps we highly recommend below for removing background if you aren’t using a newer iPhone XS or newer. Below is a list of our favorite apps we use for background removal.
Download iOS 16 Apps Below. DON’T HAVE A NEWER DEVICE DOWNLOAD THESE APPS FOR EASY BACKGROUND REMOVAL BELOW: